Supplier Quality Engineer
CIRCOR International, Inc
Warren, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
BUISNESS: CIRCOR Naval Solutions
LOCATION: Warren, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Operations
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Quality Manager
To develop and manage supply base for assigned commodity, supplier selection assessments, drive sample part development, manage supplier performance - Quality & Delivery, drive supplier improvement programs, support sourcing projects globally. Focus commodities - Castings and Fabrication, to support CFS supplier base.
- Manage supplier quality activities per CIRCOR standard processes in sourcing function.
- Evaluate suppliers and support supplier onboarding process per commodity strategy.
- Drive Technical feasibility reviews, process reviews and create part information sheet to support sourcing projects.
- Drive sample developments process and ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting customer, drawing and specification requirements - First Article Approvals.
- Perform supplier audits, production process validation and process approvals at supplier end per project plan.
- Manage supplier performance - Quality and Delivery, continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective. Handle supplier non-conformances connect with site Quality and Supplier to drive RCCA.
- Drive supplier performance improvement projects and improve supplier performance levels.
- Support New Product launch, Supplier transitions & Engineering change management processes.
- Train suppliers on best practices, CIRCOR training module like problem solving and Quality Clinic System.
- Work with internal customers (Business Units) - Quality, Engineering and Supply chain team to support sourcing transition projects and drive supplier improvements.
- Closely working with Sourcing commodity team to achieve sourcing goals.
- Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with suppliers, key stakeholders, customers, sites and category team members.
- Key metrics include: First Article Approvals, Supplier Quality - DPPM, Supplier OTD (project and production), Supplier performance metrics improvements, and support sourcing team metrics and projects.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills with ability to manage suppliers and Circor sites globally.
- Strong Problem-solving skills and good analytical skills to drive continuous improvements.
- Good project management skills to manage and support sourcing transition projects.
- Good in multi-task management.
- Good at technical report writing and data analysis.
Education & Experience
- Diploma / Bachelor in Engineering (BE) - Mechanical / Production / Industrial with (5 to 7 yrs for BE / 7 to 10 yrs for Diploma) experience in supplier quality / strategic sourcing function.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities