Supplier Quality Engineer
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Supplier Quality Engineer needed for well established fast growing Automotive company in Toledo!!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Craig Montgomery
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000
A bit about us:
Well established, fast growing, nationally recognized automotive supplier is looking to expand it's business with top talent. Our team members, whose lives are transformed by their ability to learn new skills and work every day in a welcoming environment, where we use innovative technology to deliver high-quality vehicle interior components on time to our customers. If you're looking to join an organization that supports and rewards hard work and creativity apply today!!
Why join us?
Great pay, excellent benefits, long term career growth!!
Supplier Quality Engineers are required to process charge backs on time. They track supplier internal trends and ensure there are no late supplier responses to Quality Rejects. Also, they are responsible for performing 100% of audits, as well as provide team updates of the audit findings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support, engineer and manage a wide variety of Supplier Quality issues. These issues will include daily assistance to Manufacturing, Quality,
Procurement, and Engineering
- Drive acceptable incoming quality levels to support manufacturing, cost, capacity and delivery goals
- Perform Certification Audits of potential new suppliers.
- Conduct periodic surveillance audits at existing suppliers
- Track Supplier Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Drive scrap reduction initiatives
- Support Procurement in the identification and qualification of alternate suppliers to ensure source of supply and realize cost reduction opportunities
- 7 - 10 years as an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer
- BS Degree in a technical discipline such as Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience and demonstrated ability t o drive improvement of supplier quality and strong background in auditing
- Experience with electrical, electro-mechanical, plastics, metal, injection molding, suppliers
- Manufacturing process knowledge
- Statistical Processes Control (SPC) knowledge and application
- Working knowledge of ISO9000, ISO14001 Quality Systems. FDA Regulatory knowledge a plus
- Ability to read and understand, mechanical drawings, specifications, Bills of Materials, etc
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
- Produce a work product that is concise and easily understood
- Ability to simultaneously focus on multiple activities in a fast paced competitive environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems
- Ability to do business internationally and to communicate effectively across language, and cultural barriers
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point as well as software and hardware tools required to accomplish day-to-day work activities
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.