Supplier Quality Engineer
Palo Alto, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: 3885 Bohannon Drive, Menlo Park, CA - 94025
Duration: 12+ months (possible extension)
- Drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers.
- Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers.
- Develops acceptance criteria for materials.
- Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities. Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier.
- Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment.
- Assists in generating component specifications.
- Generate test protocols, monitor testing, issue qualification test reports and approve components for use in products.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.;
- Analyzes incoming material defects. Dispositions and drives corrective action as necessary. Communicates issues to suppliers.
- Reviews new design specifications and provides input from component quality and manufacturability perspective.
- Investigates field failures related to supplier materials. Develop corrective action plan where necessary. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations. May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. BS degree in engineering or related scientific field plus 3 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience.
Thanks & Regards,
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Phone: Ext: 7192
100 Manpower Place, Milwaukee WI 53212
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)