Supplier Quality Engineer
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will provide a variety of services aimed at helping the client's internal customers, which includes leaders, team members and deliver superior quality to customers. There will be quality planning, inspection, audit, quality information, quality improvement consulting and quality communications are just some examples of the kind of services that our client provides.
The client is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. Their solutions are an essential part of the electrical grid that brings power to homes and businesses.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- Work with suppliers to improve quality performance, implement process controls and reduce the cost of poor quality for suppliers
- Utilize APQP tools for new product, revisions and supplier changes
- Utilize various Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies to develop key suppliers, product lines and manage the project schedules of these activities
- Problem solve quality issues with the supplier, Sourcing, Product Engineering, and Production Operations staff to assure that Supplier Corrective Action Plans are developed and executed
- Perform supplier evaluations as part of cross-functional teams
The successful candidate will have the minimum requirements of:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related
- Demonstrated skill in effective problem-solving and communication across all levels of any organization related to concepts of supplier quality , production and process controls
- Experience with quality management system tools, APQP and continuous improvement tools from Lean and Six Sigma Management Systems
- Knowledge of Quality Management systems including ISO 9001
- Enthusiasm, drive, a sense of urgency, and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive Base Salary and 401(k) match up 5%
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Performance based bonus opportunity
- Room for upward mobility