Supplier Development Specialist
Aberdeen City, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our Supplier Quality department is now looking for a Supplier Development Specialist. This role will be remote working and travel to suppliers across the UK will be required.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, monitor and drive regional supplier development plans
- Engage in development and maintenance of accredited supplier base, enabling execution of the overall strategy with regard to quality, cost and OTD
- Participate in qualification, re-qualification and accreditation of suppliers
- Follow up corrective actions and findings resulting from Supplier Accreditations
- Visit supplier's facilities to enhance effectiveness and (LEAN) capabilities
- Support in other SQuAD initiatives and execute on defined strategic actions
We think you should have:
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- In-depth working knowledge of Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills & techniques
- Electronics background (e.g. IPC 610 & 620 standards )
- Independent with the ability to initiate action and influence stakeholders
- Solutions oriented with ability to balance strategic and hands-on approach
- Working knowledge in SAP
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.