DIRC Homes, LLC
Denver, Colorado, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
DIRC Homes is a boutique builder focusing on urban infill and transit-oriented developments - revitalizing urban neighborhoods. Our homes and New Urbanist communities are a thoughtful collaboration with local architects to provide high-design, low-maintenance spaces to complement today's lifestyles.
Our culture is founded on our core values: PLACE
Principled, Leadership, Allegiance, Considerate and Earnest
Superintendent General Role Description
This person is accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects and/or specified project scopes within budget, on schedule and with zero construction defects in a safe manner. The Superintendent is focused on working closely with Project Management regarding the proactive identification and solution of job-related opportunities and issues. This individual will work to ensure a positive team environment based on mutual respect and collaboration between Project Management, Field Operations and all types of stakeholders on the project. This role is focused on customer service and will be accountable for all aspects of site operations as well as delivering projects in the field for the mutual success of our customers, internal teammates, architects, engineers, specialty contractors and other stakeholders.
The position reports to the Director of Field Operations and has direct supervisory responsibilities over Assistant Superintendents.
High Level Key Responsibilities
Business Development / Marketing & Sales
- Support and participate in the Company's Business Development, Marketing and Sales Program
- Work with Operations to execute the Customer Share Process - focused on existing customers/growing existing business
- Assist the marketing team with signage and other job site marketing materials
- Participate in Project Pursuit Approaches
- Contribute project specific content to RFPs
- Participate in the project interview process
- Ensure complete knowledge of all responsible scopes of work and work with PM to ensure any gaps are cost effectively filled - do not assign tasks to a Subcontractor that are covered by other Subcontractors scope
- Provide leadership, establish and maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external partners to promote positive project morale.
- Participate and promote a job team environment with all jobsite personnel
- Participate in monthly Field Operations Meetings
- Ensure projects are set up appropriately with a detailed site logistics plan
- Foresee potential issues before and during work being performed.
- Thorough understanding of the plans, specifications, DIRC Clarifications and approved submittals
- Drive daily jobsite performance and execution for project delivery to the customer per the contractual phasing requirements
- Adhere to project processes, procedures, tools & technology
- Accountable for reporting; i.e. daily reports, logs, schedules and others as needed by the company and/or other stakeholders
- Conduct a well-organized set of job site meetings
- Coordination of site inspections both jurisdictional and 3rd Party
- Review and approve Trade Partner Pay Applications if required
- Assist Project Manager in the supervision and responsibility of the construction effort in accordance with the design, budget, quality and schedule. Ensure subcontractors are not performing work without proper authorization and that all T and M work has been walked and approved daily.
- Develop positive relationships with owners, architects and sub-contractors
- Ensure the field items are meeting the established Project Success Criteria
- Attend and participate in OAC project meetings if necessary
- Timely initiate questions in the form of RFI's with potential solutions
- Execute "Good Neighbor Practices"
- Assist Director of Field Operations by providing advice on schedule, site logistic plans, subcontractor recommendations, constructability reviews, etc. for preconstruction purposes.
- Directly responsible for the project schedule along with look aheads and overall project scheduling. Ensure schedule alignment with the prime contract so milestones are achieved.
- Participate in identifying critical path issues and potential pitfalls for project completion during the Preconstruction phases
- Assist with providing constructability assistance with interpretation of drawings and/or ASI's to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire suppression/alarm
- Develop innovative methods to reduce cost
- Conduct all 12-week, 8-week and 4-week look ahead meetings with subs before they begin work on the project
- Properly track and notify Director of Field Operations and clients of all excusable delays incurred outside of DIRC's control or contractual obligations to ensure excusable delay days are given back to DIRC
- Become knowledgeable of jurisdictional requirements to achieve schedule milestones and be able to discuss with confidence to our partners the steps needed to make our contractual obligations
- Scheduling subcontractors, vendors, owner furnished items, etc.
- Understand the long lead-time items in area of responsibility and work with PM to ensure timely delivery
- Establish work flow requirements and verify man power/production follows CPM schedule and contract
- Foreseeing potential problems before work is performed
- Participate in effective preconstruction subcontractor meetings
- Coordination of work with all trades and walk projects to ensure proceeding work is complete before scheduling follow on trades.
- Ensure subs are doing their contractual punch work timely and if supplementation is required that it is properly documented in the field for backup to sub back charges.
- Maximize Sub Contractor productivity/efficiency
- Assisting PM in scope of work draft and buyout negotiations
- Understand and enforce SWPPP regulations
- Confirm up to date SWPPP documentation
- Ensure jobsite cleanup program is enforced
- Proactive communication with Owners, Architects and subcontractors
- Understand and implement the QA/QC program
- Ensure timely construction of well-coordinated Mock Ups
- Own and administer Quality Assurance Checklist
- Conduct quality inspections throughout the construction process to ensure scopes are being completed per contract documents/trade partner contracts.
- Coordinate, direct and monitor with field support staff to inspect the activities of the Trade Partners
- Hold trade partners accountable for quality
- Punch List leadership and management
- Safety/Risk Management/Finance
- Complete knowledge of Sub Contracts
- Understand and enforce the safety program
- Work closely with the Senior Superintendent to reinforce safety training
- Lead the weekly safety meetings
- Own weekly surveys and job site safety coordination meetings
- Verification of safety compliance with all trades
- Jobsite safety inspections and enforcement
- Notify General Superintendent and/or PM of any changes in second tier subcontractors on the job site