Creative Financial Staffing
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Assistant Controller and Controller with daily department needs, including but not limited to, the review of staff assignments, reporting accurate & timely financial statements, maintaining accurate records, etc. Acts as the liaison with other company departments and is second level in segregation of duties, in accordance with U.S. GAAP requirements.
Principal (Essential) Duties:
• Responsible for all daily & monthly Accounts Receivable duties, including, but not limited to, customer invoice creation and processing, work order creation and processing, government invoicing & reporting, etc.
• Responsible for month-end financial statement preparation & first level review; works directly with staff to resolve coding issues & posts necessary reclass entries.
• Prepares & reviews month-end reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts & supporting entries.
• Reviews final month-end balance sheet summary & provides detailed notes for audit purposes; works directly with staff to resolve issues/questions for staff level accounts.
• Maintain orderly, accurate records and support external audit requests, as needed.
• Correspond with other corporate departments to perform duties accurately & timely.
• Complete special projects assigned by and provide support to Assistant Controller and Controller, as needed.
• 3-5 years of general office and/or accounting experience required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
• Master's Degree or CPA is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience may be substituted for educational requirements in some cases.