Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
The primary focus of the Staff Accountant is to participate in the monthly close process and provide support to Accounting Manager and other senior management for special projects and supplementary reporting.
We are looking for a progressive individual who is willing to exceed expectations for one of their best clients. This is an exciting opportunity to grow yourself with excellent benefits and a long-term stability.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Participate in the completion of month-end close including P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation & resolution
- Completion of month-end reconciliations including, but not limited to bank reconciliations, prepaid, accrued payroll, debt, etc.
- Responsible for preparing and booking journal entries
- Assist with preparation & distribution of month-end financial statements
- Preparation of supplementary schedules necessary for month-end financial package publication
- Assist with year-end audit and tax preparations
- Supports the success of the organization by focusing on continuous improvements in business processes and preparation of internal control process documentation
- Assist with special departmental projects, as necessary
Education and Experience:
- College degree with a Major in Accounting required.
- Some accounting experience preferred.
- CPA license or candidate preferred .
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- General Ledger: 2 years (Preferred)