Sr Web development manager
Portland, Oregon, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
As a Senior Engineering at Mammoth/ThinkHR, you are responsible for adhering to reliability best practices, influencing design decisions, ensuring quality, and tackling feature development and scaling challenges. Together with your agile team, you work to continuously improve and evolve Mammoth's solutions in order to optimize the value for the consumer. Collaborating with Product and Customer Care, you will estimate work effort, drive sprint delivery and address quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a player-coach leader and make an immediate impact in a growing SaaS startup where every day can be a new adventure.
- Ensure that features and software developed are of high quality, on target, and delivers value for the clients.
- Ability to juggle priorities while maintaining a high level of quality, organization, attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Support all phases of the product development cycle including architecture, design, development, debugging, documentation and validation.
- Work closely with Product, Design and Content to make sure we are building the right features to help our customers thrive with limited resources.
- Provide dependable time and resource estimates.
- 5+ years' experience in leading modern application development and architecture.
- Agile development methodologies experience, extreme programming, test-driven development, CI/CD, and related techniques.
- Advanced-level proficiency in Ember.js, React or Angular frameworks is a must.
- Advanced-level proficiency in CSS / Sass, with a solid understanding of responsive design and user experience best practices.
- Intermediate-level proficiency working with back end languages and frameworks, such as Ruby, Rails and Node.js.
- Have collaborated with UX team, to translate designs and wireframes from concept to completion.
- Must have hands-on experience working with remote teams.
Nice To Have
- Experience building SaaS applications.
- Experience with progressive web applications.
- Experience with microservices development and maintenance.
- Experience with DevOps and APM tools.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with cross-browser and platform compatibility issues.