Sr. Transportation Manager
Irving, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
ITS ConGlobal provides intermodal depot and transportation services in the US and Central America, operating at 24 depots and 7 Marine Terminals. We take pride in consistently delivering superior and reliable service to a wide range of Customers, a broad scope of services, and an exemplary safety record. We're currently seeking a Sr. Transportation Manager.
The Sr. Transportation Manager will lead an operation (9 direct reports) focused on transportation compliance, safety, training & driver recruitment.
Sr. Transportation Manager
- Serves as lead recruiter by managing incoming candidate responses and expressions of interest
- Ensures compliance with safety requirements applicable to motor carrier meeting CSA, FMCSA and all other state and federal requirements
- Partners with Transportation Managers to ensure accurate record keeping; DOT (CDL) files, fuel & miles, medical records & hours of service
- Leads training and development for Transportation Managers, Dispatchers & Drivers (CDL)
- Coaches field employees in all aspects related to safety and driver retention
- Ensures locations are properly staffed, communicates staffing challenges and gaps
- Encourages teamwork and positive morale
- Organizes resources (people & materials) to meet objectives
- Prioritizes work assignments, anticipates problems and initiates proper course of action
- Enforces and upholds all ITSC rules, regulations and policies
- Other duties as assigned
This is an exciting time at ITS and we're seeking individuals to join our growing team! We offer full time employees the following; competitive compensation, benefits, 401K & vacation.
- 5+ years Transportation or Logistics experience
- Logistics experience within a trucking (CDL) background
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish)
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills are mandatory
- Proficient in Outlook and MS Office suite of products
- Working knowledge of Trinium or similar TMS a plus
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, religion, protected veteran status or national origin
With the acquisition of American Auto Works in 2011 and ConGlobal Industries in 2013, ITS has expanded its service offerings and client base to create a company uniquely positioned to capitalize on the growth expected in the inter-modal, automotive and global shipping segments.
ITS operates at over 90 facilities with roughly 3,100 employees. We hold long-standing relationships with all major North American railroads, including BNSF, CN, CSX, KCS, KCSM, NS, Triple Crown and UP.