Sr. Specialty Gas Chemist
Anaheim, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
Job Title: Sr. Specialty Gas Chemist
This position is primarily responsible for the certification of candidate gas standards in compliance with EPA and NIST specifications. Performs analysis for specialty gases and finished product testing; assists in scheduling all mixes to be analyzed, proper storage, labeling, and shipping.
- Analyze routine and non-routine samples and their associated quality control samples and review and report the corresponding data
- Maintain, optimize, and calibrate equipment
- Assist in the organization of related departmental work and sample preparation
- Perform certified, primary standard, NIST, and EPA analyses of gas mixtures
- Performs routine production testing and quality control analysis of specialty gas mixtures and pure gases
- Document and maintain label control sheets and release labels under EPA regulations.
- Monitor quality compliance with EPA regulations and operating procedure manual requirements
- Prepare gas analysis certification reports for customer distribution
- Coordinates delivery schedules, product complaints, and unique product requests
- Support Management team concerning the maintenance of Health and Safety and ISO Quality programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related Science
- Experience in laboratory analysis in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry, instrumental analysis, spectroscopy, and statistical methods
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex instructions such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs
- Effective communication with both internal and external customers both orally and in writing is required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.