Sr. Specialist Project Management - Quality Assurance - Nutrition - Co
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Specialist Project Management in Quality Assurance area.
This position supports Abbott Nutrition through execution of quality related projects under the Quality Excellence function. The main focus of projects will be to support the AN Global Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) program.
The individual will manage the business process aspect of large scale and complex IT projects, from start to finish. This will include change management, training, and user acceptance testing activities with site laboratories who use the AN Sample Manager LIMS system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for project management and execution within the Quality Excellence organization.
- Responsible for ideation, planning and management of continuous improvement projects that improve quality, protect our consumer, brand and product, improve compliance and reduce risk globally.
- Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for completing a project; monitor progress and performance against the project plan; resolve operational problems, minimize delays.
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete the project.
- Liaise with other areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project.
- Prepare designs, work specifications and develop schedules.
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete.
- Monitor activities and assign tasks to ensure targets are met.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team. Responsible for communication and project updates with global teams and various levels of management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or other Technical Disciple preferred)
- Project Management in Engineering, Operations, Quality or Research and Development
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on