Sr. Software Engineer - REST API Integration
Interactive Resources LLC
Austin, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Direct-hire, no sponsorship and unable to work Corp2Corp.
Sr. SDK SW Engineer Austin, TX.
- Collaborating with other senior technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture.
- Providing expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Architecting systems for app lifecycle management, speed, security, and performance.
- Focusing on the developer experience, from app development and workflow, app submission and verification, to app deployment.
- Design, develop, deploy, manage and version company s core App APIs, state-of-the-art web-based tools, and an SDK that will enable internal and 3rd party developers to create and deploy new cyber security applications.
- Working with our Business Development team to vet, train and build 3rd party Apps.
- Participate in quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable
- Work closely with the CTO/SVP Engineering and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
- 8+ years software development and architecture experience
- 5+ years Java experience
- 3+ years development experience (REST, XML, JSON). Candidate should come from operating systems engineering, open source tool development, or similar
- Experience architecting and developing safe, secure and performant API s
- Excellent software debugging skills and experience
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Self-motivated with a passion for problem-solving and an aptitude for customer happiness
- Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests, and code reviews.
- Fluency in English required. Spanish a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of enterprise security/threat intelligence/threat detection a big plus.
- Experience in Network security is a plus.
- Experience with application security a plus
- Experience using RAML a plus.
Need someone senior that has been involved in designing, implementing, operating and maintaining high volume APIs. Looking for someone that has experience with integrating with 3rd party products. They ll be designing a way for 3rd parties, vendors or possibly even customers, to integrate with our products for a variety of use cases. We'd also like to provide pre-build SDKs to shepherd that development and maintain them long term.
You can interchange SDK with "Integration APIs" and be safe. There are people that still think about integrations in terms of "SDKs". That's not really an industry term for the type of integrations we're talking about. In today's terms people use SDK when talking about things like Mobile or platform development. That's not what we're looking for.
We more want someone with experience building integration APIs where they may also have build SDKs that people then use to consume said APIs. A good example would be something like Microsoft Azure. They provide a REST API to integrate with and manage your Azure services. They may also supply / maintain Python or C# code, as an SDK, that help people integrate without having to writhe that part of the integration themselves.
- provided by Dice