Sr. RPG Developer
Reliable Software Resources
Union City, New Jersey, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Sr. RPG Developer
Location: Union, NJ
Employment on W2 OR C2C
As an Analyst Programmer/Senior Software Engineer you will possess a combination of application development and implementation skills as well as strong analysis and design skills. you will utilize these skills as part of a team responsible for the development and/or implementation of enterprise wide supply-chain & custom retail solutions. During the project life cycle you will be responsible for partnering with users, staff, contract developers, and QA analysts to ensure successful delivery of critical projects.
The person in this position will:
- Conduct and/or facilitate the discovery and definition of business process, data and system requirements in cooperation with business and IT partners (understand and document requirements).
- Translate business requirements into functional/technical requirements that will become the foundation for IT solution investments.
- Provide assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing solutions and processes that meet business requirements.
- Integrate business and IT objectives and processes to deliver business capability.
- RPG LE, RPG Free and RPG SQL
- Ability to create programs with imbedded SQL
- Ability to create stored procedures & triggers
- Ability to read programs create detailed process flows
- Experience in any of the database such as AS400/DB2, Oracle or SQLServer
- Ability to create detailed technical specs
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong unit and system testing skills
- Excellent time management skills
Knowledge of Implementer Version control software
Knowledge of JDA
- Required - Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred - Master s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Reliable Software Resources employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.
- provided by Dice