Sr. PLM, Basketball Apparel
Puma North America Inc.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
At PUMA, we are in constant pursuit of faster. That extends beyond our support of the fastest athletes in the world. We also work to be fast in how we adapt to and connect with the constantly changing world around us. Through innovative design, iconic footwear and apparel, and authentic partnerships, we aim to always push what's next in both sport and culture.
That hustler's spirit can be felt across PUMA categories, partnerships, offices, and countries. And we are always in search of talent that can help us set the pace at which sport and culture collide, as well as finding better ways to connect and collaborate with our communities.
PUMA supports over 14,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Preparing market- and competitor studies on an international level as well as analyzing forecasts and sales analyses
- Developing collection- and marketing strategies for the assigned product lines
- Independently developing conceptual assortment plans (CAP) on product line and price basis considering specified company and Business Unit targets as well as Merchandising plans (MPL)
- Manage the product lines through a process of line planning, internal design and development meetings until prototype approvals and launching the lines at the international meeting
- Cooperating with Merchandising, Design and Development (PUMA Group Sourcing) to ensure that the final collection is reflecting market needs
- Working closely with Business Unit, footwear, apparel and accessories teams to ensure concept and product coordination across all product segments
- Driving the product creation process based on the Go-to-Market (gtm) calendar
- Presenting product strategy and product lines to international partner as well as key accounts
- Planning, coordinating and final checking of the order windows/product flow
- Checking the final Free on Board-prices considering given target margins
- Constantly challenges the product costing and how costing affects the product quality, margin & net sales from design to phase to production release
- Collaborate in planning the whole sell-in support (catalogue etc.)
- Care for and preparation of international meetings
- Regularly visits markets, fairs and suppliers
- Ensure a correct and punctual input and maintenance of the Product Range Management system for all assigned product lines and all required information.
- Preferably Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Finance
- 8 + years international apparel product management experience
- Excellent communication and speaking skills
- Credible knowledge of international fashion as well as consumer trends and market dynamics
- General knowledge of international retail environment
- Strong leadership skills, high initiative, high energy, passion, decisiveness, and an eye for detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to frame and defend an alternative position
- General technical product knowledge
- Ability to convincingly present category knowledge using PowerPoint and spreadsheets
- Excellent presentation skills
- Up to 20% International and Domestic travel required
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: