Sr. PLM, Apparel - Outerwear
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Under Armour needs a product expert in the Outerwear category to take the lead. The Sr. Product Line Manager will be given a rare opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing brand and be the driver in this growing category. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. You will play a key role in the product line management process and can make an instant impact to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build and manage the Outerwear business from concept to commercialization across all categories of business.
- Define and communicate product requirements and manage the development process by translating user testing, sales and customer support feedback into feature/function requirements
- Create and communicate product vision for ongoing releases and new product opportunities for cross-category Outerwear.
- Partner with Design, Development, Sales,Marketing, and other categories to bring product to market
- Mentor / Manage and grow your team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual
; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong presentation, time management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Team Player Attitude
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Experience developing pricing strategies and an assortment mix in Technical Outerwear that supports the Brand positioning