Sr. Linux Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
1.) Client has an extensive screening process for all candidates to verify core competencies with the required disciplines that have been documented in this job description.
2.) This position is not eligible for any work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization.
3.) Please be sure that all your experience is documented on your resume that clearly demonstrates your qualifications to this position.
4.) Client will only consider candidates with a stable job history with few changes over one s career.
~ Position Overview ~
- The Client, an elite provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join a growing team.
- Our Client is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace.
- They're 100% focused on their managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate.
- They provide data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners.
- You will report to the Sr. Director, Infrastructure Engineering.
Does This Describe You?:
A team player who's not afraid to take on a challenge alone.
A Look Inside The Job:
- Lead Client's infrastructure expansion/enhancement projects of varying size and scope
- Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based operating systems/applications rapidly and at a very large scale
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Think out-of-the box and solve complex scaling challenges
Requirements About You:
- Experience managing Linux machines running on AWS (EC2, S3, etc.) If no AWS experience, will train.
- Solid configuration management skills (required); Puppet preferred but Ansible/Chef/Salt/CFEngine acceptable
- 4+ years of experience with Linux administration in large (100 s-1000 s) server environments
- Experience with IPTables or similar technology
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Experience supporting DNS, Apache/NGINX, load balancers (HAProxy, F5, etc.)
- Solid virtualization experience (KVM, Xen, VMware)
- Experience with ZFS, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Openstack; a plus
- You excel under pressure in an energized environment
- You write good documentation for other team members to learn from
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- You love learning new skills and are an excellent teammate
- You have excellent time management skills and are willing to take on tasks outside of your normal duties
- Willing to occasionally work off-hours support as needed including on-call rotation
- You have worked with source code control (Gitlab, Github, git, etc.)
The Client believes their employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!