Sr DevOps Engineer
Alpha Omega Integration LLC
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Sr DevOps Engineer
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Fulltime(Remote work available after 2-3 Months of on-site work)
We are seeking a Senior-Level DevOps Engineer with cloud experience to support a Federal cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) contract for National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) in Silver Spring, MD. The Cloud DevOps Engineer understands the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and has an in-depth understanding of automation tools for developing, implementing, and maintaining digital pipelines (CI/CD pipelines). The Cloud DevOps Engineer will liaise with NESDIS scientists and HPC Architects to containerize their algorithm and integrate the container image into the cloud-based development environment.
- Design and implement a containerization strategy in Dev that could be applied to Ops for a cloud-based environment (AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure).
- Automate management and orchestration tasks. Building CI/CD pipelines for Microservices and deployment to Kubernetes
- Conduct root cause analysis for container runtime problems.
- Author documentation and procedures for NESDIS DevOps in a cloud-based environment.
- Monitor, measure, and automate all things to ensure exceed performance and availability goals.
Identify bottlenecks in development and deployment processes.
- Participate and potentially lead technical presentations on the work.
- Understand the current systems, algorithms, and cloud-based HPC architecture.
- Instrument the infrastructure with frameworks that can be appropriately adopted for logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Participate in team meetings, interface independently with SMEs, and interact with funding clients.
Bachelor of Science (BS) + 5 Years Experience -- OR --
Master of Science (MS) + 3 Years Experience
Area of Study: Computer Science; Computer Engineering
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator OR GCP Associate Cloud Engineer OR Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (Required)
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional -- OR Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (Desired)
Required Experience/Skills Qualifications
- 5+ years professional Linux experience (Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) preferred).
- 3+ years Docker/Kubernetes container infrastructure and orchestration.
- 2+ years design and maintenance expertise with system administration of Cloud infrastructure, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services.
Build and Deployment Management (Jenkins) in a CI/CD workflow.
- Strong shell scripting skills (BASH, CSH).
- Strong scripting language skills (Python, Perl).
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- US Citizenship and must continuously reside in the United States for the last two years.
- 5+ years Docker/Kubernetes container infrastructure and orchestration.
- 3+ design and maintenance expertise with system administration of Cloud infrastructure, including AWS, such as provisioning (using Cloudformation or Terraform), logging or monitoring, and articulating these concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS; implementing scalable cloud-based environments and systems;
- service-oriented architectures and microservices; deploying resilient, scalable, high-throughput systems that process large amounts of data.
- Experience with cloud vendor-specific monitoring tools (AWS CloudWatch, GCP Stackdriver, Azure Monitor).
- Experience with microservices, serverless architectures, and clusters.
- Experience implementing HPC solutions in a commercial cloud environment, specifically with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Scientific background to contextualize algorithms and applications being containerized.
- provided by Dice