Sr Data Scientist Market Sensing And Forecasting
Portland, Oregon, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
At Nike we are always on the offense, and we are looking for talented self-starters with a passion for advanced analytics to join our growing team. We are responsible for leveraging predictive analytics to enhance decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities, elevating the function of analytics within Nike.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Market Sensing and Forecasting team, within the Demand and Supply Management (DSM) organization, you will develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches based on statistical/econometric models, machine learning techniques and big data solutions to forecast the demand for Nike's product portfolio. You will be a key contributor to the building, scoring, implementing, tracking, updating and promoting Nike's central forecasting platform that provides actionable insights and supports critical business and investment decisions.
The role is perfect for a team player with strong hands-on analytics experience, drive, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
- Advanced quantitative degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field) and at least 5 years of related industry experience or Bachelors degree and 7-12 years related industry experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of market demand and supply interactions. Working knowledge of forecasting techniques, such as surveys, trend analysis, econometric models and machine learning algorithms.
- Strong technical skill set to work with analytics toolkit (R, Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services, SAS, Tableau) on large data sets.
- Experience in building, training, scoring, tuning and maintaining predictive models in production at enterprise scale.
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience.
- Proven track record of working cross functionally to develop innovative solutions using advanced analytics.
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentation.
- Familiarity with agile development methodology.