Sr. Data Engineer - AWS
Mc Lean, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Data Engineer - AWS
Data Engineer - SQL, Python, Tableau, AWS
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of talented data engineers in creating Capital One's next generation of data products and capabilities.
On any given day you will:
- Build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery to our cloud platform.
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations
- Build data visualizations in Tableau, using a variety of data sources
- Develop and enhance applications using a modern technology stack such as Python, Shell Scripting, Scala, Postgres, Angular JS, React, and Nifi
- Work directly with Product Owners and end-users to develop solutions in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Help grow and mentor team members on the fine art of data engineering and software abstractions
- Have a Passion for learning, growing, and mentoring in a team environment #ilovedata
What we have:
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience developing software using C, Java, Python, or Scala
- At least 3 years' experience building data pipelines and building fit-for-purpose data stores
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years' experience with UNIX commands and shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
- Advanced SQL; AWS and Tableau certified
- Experience with SQL: Advance Window functions and SQL functions
- Experience with AWS: CLI and Rehydration
- 3 + years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.