Altec Industries , Inc.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
Altec Capital Services is currently looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant in Birmingham, AL. The purpose of this position is to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss or other financial activities within an organization. Major responsibilities include the following:
- Perform lease accounting functions such as lease restructure or lease terminations and related journal entries
- Research and reconcile advanced general ledger accounts ensuring accuracy
- Perform LeaseWave month end closing procedures
- Assist and train staff accountants as needed
- Review and approve work of staff accountants
- All other duties as assigned
Please apply directly on our website
U.S. Military Veterans and spouses are encouraged to apply
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Two (2) years minimum accounting experience required
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite required
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.