Speech | Language Pathologist - Float
Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Healthcare & Medical
We Are Hiring
Speech & Language Pathologist - Rehab Services General 003 - Part-Time Days - WF - Elmbrook Memorial Campus - Brookfield, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients requiring speech-language therapy.
Location: This position is shared/float position between St Joseph, Elmbrook, St Francis and Franklin Hosptials and and covers acute care, rehab and outpatient levels of care.
Work Schedule: Most shifts are 8-430 but hours are flexible. Days worked each week are typically assigned ahead of time and are flexible, as well.
Some weekends are required and one holiday/year.
Hours beyond 24/week may be available if desired.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Wisconsin Hearing and Speech Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required. Two years acute experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement