Space Cyber Security Engineer
Thatcham, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
About the role…
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) Business Group and help grow a new area of capability. We are looking for an experienced Space Cyber Security Engineer to join our Space Missions Systems Team in order to work on future space mission bids. You will be involved in the development of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) and Small Satellite systems through the full system development lifecycle. You will be developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon UK C&I Space Missions Systems Team you will be part of an energetic and growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further your career aspirations and develop your management and leadership potential.
- Act as the Space Cyber Security Engineer for the Raytheon UK C&I Space Missions Systems Team
- Support the C&I Space Missions Systems System Design Authority (SDA)
- Conduct Cyber resiliency analysis in order to identify the required cyber resiliency capabilities and how they are to be implemented within the context of the Ground Segment Architecture/Design.
- Perform system Security Risk Assessments (SRA) based upon available threat and vulnerability data.
- Define the initial Ground Segment Security Architecture in collaboration with the Systems Engineering Lead in order to identify the security elements and their relationships within the overall system architecture that meet the Ground Segment Security Requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and operations of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) and Small Satellite systems and act as a Cyber Security SME in consultation with the wider Raytheon.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Experience as a Space Cyber Security Engineer in similar programmes such as satellite ground stations, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), remote sensing systems or military satellite communications (MilSatCom) systems.
- Experience of Cyber Security implementation is required.
- The ability to draft clearly and concisely, and to communicate effectivity is required.
- Ability to take responsibility for security aspects of a project, and work closely with project management to deliver to time, quality and cost.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Understanding of Information Security Engineering and associated UK government standards, for example Government Security Policy Framework (SPF) and MOD JSP440 would be desirable.
- Past knowledge of SKYNET MilSatCom Ground systems and operations
In addition, you should display the following key behaviours:
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team.
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Contribute ideas that promote innovation.
- High degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Willingness to travel if required.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain a UK Government Security Clearance.
- Willing to learn.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management, organisation and prioritization skills.
- BSc in an Cyber Security discipline, Information Security/Systems Engineering or equivalent
From missile warning and intelligence to weather, navigation and beyond, Raytheon space solutions deliver mission breakthroughs. Our ability to create and enhance space systems that incorporate transformative, next-generation technologies keeps our customers ahead of the threat. And by integrating commercial and open-source tech into our solutions, we're making the space domain more accessible - and affordable - than ever. We are invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology and as a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, continue to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
What we can offer you…
Ongoing development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit -