Solutions Architect-Digital Bus Group
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Solutions Architect in the Digital Business Delivery Group
The Solutions Architect is responsible for designing business solutions and capabilities in alignment with the enterprise architecture developed by the Chief Architect with a focus on life insurance, underwriting, claims, finance and operations.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for leading the solution design and implementation for complex systems, platforms and would interact with key business stakeholders, design teams, development and QA teams on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have strong business & technology acumen and can translate business vision and strategy into effective technology change by creating, communicating and improving the key requirements, principles and models that describe the enterprises future state and enable its evolution.
The Solutions Architect will define how those capabilities will be built and will support timely delivery of those capabilities and solutions including participating in planning and requirements definition in collaboration with business owners and product managers to ensure that the time and effort of the Solutions Delivery teams is producing the greatest value and is in alignment with the overall strategy.
- Designs enterprise solutions and capabilities that are scalable, adaptable, and in synchrony with the ever-changing business needs in alignment with the architecture strategy, policies, standards and procedures set by the Chief Architect.
- Promotes shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow. Contributes to a reduction in IT complexity, enforcement of discipline and standardization of IT planning activities, consolidation of data and applications, and better interoperability of the systems. Facilitates the reuse of ideas, components, services, and proven patterns across various solutions.
- Understands business requirements as they pertain to digital technologies (including digital marketing, strategy, content, application modernization, DevOps / Agile processes, API / microservices architecture and digital workspace).
- Leads the design of innovative enterprise solutions, working closely with Programmer Analysts, QA, and other stakeholders to get high-quality products and features through the agile software project lifecycle. Provides hands-on software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to ensure program success and delivery throughput.
- Documents and communicates architectural requirements for solutions and capabilities.
- Collaborates with the Chief Architect and Enterprise Infrastructure Services to assess technology lifecycles and determines how individual technologies or standards will change, be versioned or transitioned out.
- Provide architectural oversight and direction to multiple scrum teams as applicable.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities with their own team as well as the teams whom which they collaborate.
- Promotes continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps capabilities.
- Defines subsystems and their interfaces, allocates responsibilities to subsystems, understands solution deployment, and communicates requirements for interactions with solution context.
- Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts.
- Develop project deliverables, proof-of-concepts, and pilot new technologies.
Systems and Technical Knowledge
- Expertise with a broad base of digital web and mobile products, technologies, platforms, patterns, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Experience with single sign-on systems, role-based access management systems, and PII data security best practices.
- Expertise with typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
- Experience developing and refining best practices for implementation and maintenance of life insurance platforms including underwriting, claims, finance, and operations.
- Experience with User Centered Design practices.
- Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Experience user facing web application development and measurement.
- Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
- Experience with environments containing multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Command of sound software design principles and patterns is required.
- Familiarity with Marketing and Advertising is desirable.
- Experience working/leading projects executed using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Knowledge of ITSM standards and processes.
- Knowledge of policy admin systems/tools.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations.