Cook Systems, Inc.
Irving, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Insurance & Superannuation
This is a 6 month contract-for-hire position, client is willing to sponsor for a visa.
- Experience with SaFE
- API Management
The manager is looking for someone with Sr/Architect experience to get direction from Architecture group and create a design and specs for the development teams. Will need to be able to define the Microservices, see if they can be taken to Nanoservices, see if they can be containerized and then decide they can be moved to the cloud away from the datacenter and closer to the customer.
Formal Job Description:
Responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of applications and operational processes.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, computer science or information systems, and/or equivalent formal training or technical certification
- 7+ years work experience in information technology/engineering environment. Masters preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
- Architecture design and modeling capabilities
- Understanding of a wide variety of technologies
- Ability to apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense high-tech environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Documentation, written and verbal communication skills• Interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts; from technical staff to management
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees projects / products from inception to successful delivery
- Participate in cross functional collaboration, analysis, architecture, design and implementation to achieve business objectives and goals
- Resolve high priority business driven problems
- Communicates concepts, costs/benefit, risks/management and options that the audience will understand and endorse
- Ensures a holistic approach to problem resolution and improvements that considers all areas of products and services
- Provides technical leadership and responsibility for technical excellence on all projects/initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned