Soils and Residue Business Development Manager
SGS North America
Brookings, South Dakota, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
• The primary responsibility of this role is to present and promote SGS Agricultural Testing Services to all potential clients and new accounts, while leveraging new business opportunities of existing accounts and new marketing opportunities, with the objective of establishing long-term, mutually beneficial business partnerships.
- This position will focus on soil and pesticide residue testing, while maintaining an awareness of other services within the SGS scope.
• Responsible for profitable revenue growth within the SGS Soil and Pesticide Residue businesses, while establishing strategic long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships with new clients within these segments.
• Educate customers on SGS Brookings' service offerings, including soil testing, pesticide residue analysis, as well as chemistry analysis of feed and crops, seed testing, DNA testing, research projects, training opportunities and any additional service offerings.
• Act as the commercial face and voice of SGS with clients. Includes developing relationships, fielding inquiries, assisting in proposal development and issuance, assisting in on-boarding new clients, and completing regular visits.
• Work with business managers and marketing to identify key industry events, and lead SGS presence at relative trade shows, conferences, and client meetings.
• Aggressively seek new service portfolio offerings from a clear and thorough understanding of client needs, anticipating what is needed to improve service quality, to improve market share, and increase revenues. Develop new and emergent business and drive new service offerings within the SGS Feed/Crop, Seed, and Research businesses.
• Source new business leads and identify business opportunities, including new services.
• Liaison with SGS Marketing team to take an active role in marketing projects for SGS Brookings. Includes marketing programs, time bound campaigns, advertising and promotional activities, website and social media efforts, trade show and key customer events, and market research activities.
• Maintain information on competitors' strengths, weaknesses, policies, pricing, services, etc. to increase likelihood of winning bid situations.
• Maintain communication through all levels of the business.
• Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
• Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
• Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
• BS in Agriculture, Business, Biology, or Chemistry
• 10+ years in the Seed and Crop industry. A clear and defined knowledge of the seed and crop industry and client commercial interaction is essential.
• 10 years of experience across multiple areas of business management: Sales/Marketing, Business Development, Key Account Management, Product Development, Client Services, Strategy, Operations.
• The role requires strong collaboration and professional relationships with current operation and business managers, key account managers, and client service representatives.
• This role will drive business for the Brookings South Dakota laboratories and should be based in Brookings or nearby.
• Prefer majority of industry experience to be soil and pesticide residue analysis. Would also like applicant to harbor knowledge of feed, crop, seed, seed treatment, plant genetics and/or DNA market segments.
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Travel: up to 75%, based on business and client needs, key trade shows and meeting attendance
- Encourages customer focus: Identify and anticipate customer requirements, expectations and needs.
- Competitive, profit driven: aggressively pursues organizational success and achieves outstanding business results.
- Energy and enthusiasm: sets high standards for own performance and maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Deliver a way of life: demonstrate and foster a strong commitment to achieving goals.
- Encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Collaborates across boundaries and contributes to SGS Group success by actively cooperating with other departments, countries and businesses.
- Provides clarity and focuses on important information and recognizes key interrelationships and patterns, breaks down problems into manageable components.
• Inspires trust
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Fully computer proficient, (Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint) able to learn and quickly adapt to new systems and technologies (corporate software)
• Proven success in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Key Account Management
• Experience creating presentations, training materials, business plans and presenting and delivering to multiple stakeholders
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
• Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
• Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
• In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
• Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
• Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
• Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
• Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site contact.
• Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.