Software Engineer - Cybersecurity R&D
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6J7BP3
Boeing Research & Technology, the innovation engine of the Boeing Company, is seeking a Cyber Security Software Engineer, with experience in Embedded Systems Security to join our team in St. Louis, MO.
In this position:
• You will create software prototypes to develop new technologies that enhance the cyber resilience of Boeing's commercial and military platforms and support systems.
• You will perform original research and develop new technology in areas such as embedded system security, multi-level security, supply chain security, side-channel attack detection, static and dynamic code analysis, and others as the cyber threat adapts and evolves.
• You will provide technical leadership in the software security research area through publications and conferences, developing patents, contributing to R&D proposals and serve as an internal cyber consultant to Boeing programs.
Our projects are agile and fast paced. To be successful in this role you will need state-of-the-art design and development experience for software that implements security requirements. Familiarity with multiple languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python, etc.) operating systems (Linux, Windows, custom embedded), development environments (Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.) and hardware platforms (Arm, x86, PPC) is also valuable.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Yes, 10 % of the Time Engineering Test and Tech Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
• 3+ years experience in software development
• Coding experience in languages such as C/C+, Java, Python etc.
• Experience developing software for multiple hardware and OS environments (VxWorks, Linux, PPC, ARM, x86, etc. )
• Working knowledge of common software vulnerabilities and defenses
• Experience in Capture the Flag or other cyber security competitions
• Experience in code analysis and/or penetration testing
• Experience in machine learning or AI for cyber event detection and defense
• Cyber Security Certification(s) (CISSP, Security+, CEH, etc.)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.