Software Engineer, Cloud Storage Systems
Draper, Utah, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Develop features to provide high-availability data protection solutions for enterprise customers. Ensure that their data is securely and efficiently stored. Work with Responsible for effectively communicating across a global team requirements and acceptance criteria between team members and Product Management.
This position is a software engineering role on our Mozy Storage team. This is a highly skilled team in a high-quality engineering organization that focuses on innovation, creativity and brilliance. The development will be on high-profile always running software storage service with a large customer base from the consumer to Enterprise Market. You will be focused specifically on creating cutting-edge software solutions in the cloud computing space, leveraging Mozy's industry-leading petabyte storage system.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Quickly get up to speed to maintain the Mozy Storage system while maintaining a continuously available service.
- Identify ways to improve the health of our backend services by automatically freeing unused resources.
- Leverage the Mozy Intellectual Property to improve the other Carbonite service offerings.
- Communicate with a global team to ensure on-going success of our service for our customers.
- Innovate and improve the existing Carbonite offerings to be the leader in each of the targeted markets
Key Challenges to Overcome:
As Carbonite grows, you have the opportunity to affect multiple teams and products. You will be responsible for training other teams to take over maintaining some products while joining other teams and innovating on other products.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Two or more years of software development experience working in a production environment.
- Strong background in Java and C development including 2 years relevant experience.
- Linux programming experience
- Strong practical knowledge of systems concepts like complex data structures, file systems, data deduplication, multithreading, interprocess communication, mutual exclusion, memory management, web-services, etc.
- Disciplined, methodical approach to software engineering, with a demonstrated track record of delivering reliable, high-quality software
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions-like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us? #LI-KS1