Software Design Engineer
Santa Clara, California, United States
Job type: all
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Description- Technical Lead Brillio
As a hands-on Sr. Technical Architect at Brillio, you'll have an opportunity to design and develop innovative and modern web applications that offer measurable business value to Brillio's clients. The individuals in this role will work in a pure development environment, helping fellow members architect and design a solution, and act as a lead, managing a development team. The ideal candidate is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo, and builds the skills of team members through technical and professional coaching.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science from a reputed University
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience and 2-3 years of experience on Node.JS
- Strong experience in backend application development
- Experience in creating robust and secure REST APIs
- Hands-on exposure to deeply linked relational databases - preferably in NoSQL
- Demonstrated expertise in managing a broad system with multiple integrated components
- Eye for performance optimization opportunities and OCD for reducing response time
- Exposure to source-code management tools like Git and SVN
- At least 2 years of experience on application development on Amazon Web Services.
- Demonstrated Experience on the following AWS Services: API GATEWAY, LAMBDA, DYNAMO DB, SNS, SQS, S3
- Should have experience on Unit Testing Lambda based Node JS code using Lambda tester/Mocha/Chai
- Ability to do very quick research in unknown technologies
- Startup mindset, comfort with chaos and multi-tasking ability
- Strong programming fundamentals in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Understands and can implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration using Maven, Jenkins, Chef, and Artifactory.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks.
- Architect and design frameworks used by applications that are running on ReactJS platform and Node.JS backend.
- Provide hands-on engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques.
- Assist with and understand the building of applications using stored procedures, functions, and
- Own the quality of the product, from code architecture to end-user quality.
- Engage in code reviews to ensure team members are contributing code that meets the short and long-term goals of our applications and architecture.
- Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and operational teams to address issues relating to application architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend solutions.
- Provide the technical coaching to get your team to experiment and to solve technical problems in unique ways.
- Sponsor innovation within the team's work.
- Articulate context internally for the team and to the larger organization.
- Organize the accumulated knowledge gained by the team so that all team members have easy access to this body of knowledge.
- Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives.
- Mentor scrum teams with best Development best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- provided by Dice Node.JS, REST APIs, NoSQL, AWS, API GATEWAY, LAMBDA, DYNAMO DB, SNS, SQS, S3, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, CI, CD, ReactJS