Please scroll down, To apply
Falkirk, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
Staff salary role based onsite Grangemouth
- Having committed to long term investment in the Grangemouth Business and as a consequence of an organisational review, we now require a SHE Manager with a strong working knowledge of chemicals manufacturing to play a pivotal role in driving improved HSE performance across all our operating activities.
- The SHE Manager will define and deliver HSE strategies for O&P UK, driving a step change in culture that will underpin continual improvement in our HSE performance
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Active and inspirational HSE leadership, driving continual improvement in all elements of HSE performance.
- Develop strategies and establish action plans to drive continual compliance with legal Group HSE standards.
- Line-manage a team of HSE professionals to ensure that all team members are provided with clear leadership, support, coaching and development.
- Develop and implement sustainable, cost effective standards and systems that facilitate easy delivery and compliance in the manufacturing areas for all Business HSE requirements
- Manage the relationship with relevant external regulators and government agencies.
- Supply a compliance and assurance service to provide a high level of assurance that to the business is meeting Regulatory and safety standards.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant HSE or Engineering discipline with extensive experience in HSE and Asset Operations.
- NEBOSH Diploma preferable.
- Expert knowledge of HSE legislation and industry standards and associated compliance requirements.
- Wide practical knowledge of chemical manufacturing activities and process operations.
- Expert in HSE regulatory and Safety Management System protocols (OSHA, RIDDOR).
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills with the ability to build relevant relationships and networks.
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to build effective teams, motivate and develop individuals, be a positive influencer, decisive and change oriented.
- Track record in effective consultation and cooperation with safety and employee representatives to develop an empowered and pro-active partnership approach to HSE performance.
- Experienced with ability to manage crisis and conflict situations.
- Strong at project prioritisation, planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrates awareness of social, ethical and environmental issues.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.