Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Primary Industry
Job Title: Service Technician
Reports To: COO
FLSA Status: Full-time or Part-Time and Non-exempt/Exempt
The Service Technician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and servicing commercial ware washing machines and chemical dispensing equipment to our restaurant, hotel, and institutional customers. The primary goal of the Service Technician is to ensure professional and timely service, maintain high level of service standards, and create exceptional customer service experiences.
Duties and responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular preventative maintenance on commercial dish machines from a variety of manufacturers.
- Installation of dish machines, dilution control, and chemical dispensing systems.
- Provide recommendations to customer on proper equipment and chemical usage.
- Diagnostic and repair services on commercial dish machines and equipment from a variety of manufacturers.
- Identify replacement parts needed.
- Communicate with Service Coordinator regarding necessary parts to be ordered and repairs needed, including estimate of labor involved.
- Follow instructions of Service Coordinator in scheduling and dispatching service calls and installations.
- Installation of commercial dispensers (towel, tissue, hand soap, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid and clean driver's license and DMV record.
- Experience repairing and servicing general machinery, preferred.
- Commercial refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical experience, preferred.
- Possess mechanical aptitude and reasoning ability.
- Develop troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills.
- Relationship management skills and the understanding of customer needs and expectations.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Maintain a highly professional appearance and demeanor.
- Flexibility to adapt and adjust your schedule on a daily basis; ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must pass D.O.T. Certification
- The job demands that they work off-site more often than not. They need to carry out regular repairs, maintain equipment, and demonstrate to clients how to use products/equipment.
- This position requires daily travel to off-site locations.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, and reach above and below the waist.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes or drill presses where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as ones by carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.