Service Desk Specialist-VOIP
Universal Consulting Services
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The National Weather Service (NWS) is part of the Department of Commerce (DOC) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NWS is dedicated to providing weather, water, and climate data, forecasts and warnings for the protection of life and property and enhancement of the national economy, security, environment, and quality of life.
UCS provides IT Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support for all NWS Enterprise Services located at the Silver Spring, MD and in other applicable NWS field offices. UCS coordinates with system owners (SO) to manage server and storage resources for production, software support, and test environments and we are responsible to the continuing evolution of the DOC/NOAA/NWS mission.
UCS is seeking a Help-Desk Support Specialist to support NWS Enterprise Services system and its end-users as specified below:
Position requires experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) 2.4.4 and Wireless (WiFi) Infrastructure Support - 2.4.5.
- US Citizen with Public Trust or higher required
- Provide intermediate and advanced IT troubleshooting methodologies, best practices and intermediate computer hardware and software support as required. This includes items such as desktop PCs, laptops, servers, printers, mobile devices (e.g. iPad, tablets), smartphones, and other devices.
- Image, deploy, troubleshoot, patch and fix desktops, laptops, mobile devices and other digital devices.
- Provide basic telephone support, including end user support related to voicemail setup etc.
- Provide support with common applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Gmail, and other approved Google Applications.
- Assign and administer all user accounts and access privileges to specific areas of data and assure security features are in place.
- Maintain an accurate account of inventory management and vendor warranties.
- Provide VTC Support and O & M.
- Help troubleshoot problems with servers, workstations and peripheral devices.
- All IT Help Desk staff members must minimally hold in good standings a Microsoft Certification (such as MCP, or higher)
Universal Consulting Services, Inc. (UCS) is a rapidly growing Government contractor known for our expertise in health and IT solutions. Our driven, passionate professionals are catalysts for improving performance across all levels of Government. We have been recognized as one of Washington Technology's FAST 50 for our tremendous success as a woman-owned business, in addition to inclusion on Inc. Magazine's 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America for 2008. Our clients include, but are not limited to, the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Department of Treasury.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.- provided by Dice