Senior Teacher in Mathematics - Northampton College
Northampton College 37000.00 £ Per annum
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
The purpose of this role is to plan and teach on agreed programmes and to contribute to their continued development.
Expectations of the Post Holder:
The post holder will undertake assigned responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and within regulatory and legislative requirements; achieve individual and faculty targets within the College's annual planning and staff performance review processes and budgetary constraints and:
- Demonstrate high standards of teaching and learning in maths in the college through personal practice.
- To disseminate to colleagues good practice in maths delivery and preparation for teaching.
- Promote up-to-date teaching pedagogy.
- Actively promote equality and diversity, recognising and actively challenging stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, ensuring that these principles permeate all teacher practices.
- Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of this post, in keeping with the College's existing and developing quality assurance systems.
- Be committed to professional self-development, through participation in the College continuing professional development programme which includes industry based work shadowing, attending seminars, College staff development days and training events appropriate to the job role.
- Comply with and promote College Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- Support cross-college events such as Open Evenings and Enrolment sessions when required.
- Adhere to all College procedures.
- At all times seek to serve the best interests of the College.
- To provide cover for teaching and or related activities.