Senior Systems Administrator - TS/SCI
American Systems Corporation
McLean, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Wanted: a highly qualified Sr. Systems Administrator with at TS-SCI Clearance to support JWAC at NSWC in Dahlgren, VA.
As a Sr. Systems Administrator, you will:
- Provide critical support in protecting our country.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Sr. System Administrator:
- Have a detailed understanding of Windows and Linux systems and be able to apply that knowledge
- Perform systems administration and operation of JWAC networks and systems
- Operate, administer, and upgrade computer systems, devices, and software to include configuration, provisioning for use, integration with storage and networking, load balancing and optimization, patching, software installation, updating, backup, restoration, and electronic and manual data transfer
- Deploy software which includes scheduling, executing, and troubleshooting the deployment of software applications
- Deploy security patches which includes scheduling, executing, and troubleshooting the deployment of security patches
- Provide certificate management services
- Provision and deliver computer systems and services
- Maintain computer systems in a fully operational state through monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, and performing repair and restoration activities to a compliant operational state
- Perform periodic reporting of system status to include uptime, incidents, problems, and open issues, etc
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine, "BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com. We are an official Virginia Values Veterans certified company.
- Bachelor s Degree
- TS/SCI Clearance Required
- CompTIA Security + Required
- Experience with Linux and Windows administration
- Experience with JWAC architecture preferred
- 5-7 years experience
0 - 10%
Bachelor's Degree- provided by Dice