Senior Strategic Procurement Business Partner
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Government & Defence
The Royal Borough is currently embarking on a procurement transformation programme. This change is driven by the need to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness across the organisation and adoption of a social value approach in its commissioning and procurement activities. It also aims to align procurement resources to best meet corporate objectives.
A key aspect of this work includes changing the role and functions of the Strategic Procurement Services team towards providing bespoke support to directorates as well as contributes to, the corporate aims and objectives. While the transformation work is on-going, there has been an increase in the number of projects to go out to tender or re-tender in the Directorates in particular Health & Adult Services (Including Public Health), Housing, Children's services and Finance, thus requiring more procurement support from the Strategic Procurement team. Therefore, we are seeking to recruit, on a temporary basis, three experienced and qualified (or part qualified) procurement professionals to join the small team of procurement professionals within Strategic Procurement Services, but each one of the three will need to focus on their specific area and will be working in the particular directorate of Health & Adult Services (Including Public Health), Housing, or Children's services and Finance.
Post Holder Specification
The role is for a Senior Strategic Procurement Business Partner. The successful candidate will be "head of procurement profession" within the particular directorate they specialise in i.e. Health & Adult Services (Including Public Health), Housing, or Children's services and Finance. and will be responsible for:
* providing procurement advise to the director and the Directorate Management Team (DMT);
* supporting the particular directorate develop their procurement strategy and annual plans;
* leading on the transition of procurement practice to e- tendering approach and also, the move to e-contract documentation within directorates;
* undertaking the end to end tendering exercises of strategic and complex projects.
* supporting the development of effective contract management practices within the directorate;
* embedding a social value approach within the particular directorate's procurement activities;
* promoting /driving collaborative procurement exercises internally (i.e. between departments within the directorate) and externally, i.e. between the directorate and other directorates of the council;
* supporting the directorate to achieve value for money and social value through their procurement activities;
* supporting the head of procurement in training and upskilling of officers within the directorate to ensure effective tendering activities and contract management are embedded within the teams;
* leading the procurement data spends analysis and using it to support the director and his/her senior team develop their directorate procurement strategy;
* contribute to the key objectives of the Centre e.g. the development of policy and best practices across the Council; the development ofcorporate templates andapproach to recording of procurement contracts, corporate spend analysis and reporting; exploring opportunities for collaborative procurement exercises etc.;
* advising principal accountants on all procurement issues;
* advising and reviewing of reports; and undertaking any other work appropriate to the level and general nature of the duties of the post e.g. work on other areas, depending upon the demand and priorities of the Corporate Procurement Services team.
Key Skills & knowledge
ØExtensive experience within the particular directorate they specialise in i.e. Health & Adult Services (Including Public Health), Housing, or Children's services and Finance.
ØExtensive experience of procurement, in the area of contract letting/management
ØExperience / background within local authority procurement is essential
ØRelevant training/experience in working with procurement, contract letting/management.
ØExperience and knowledge of Word, excel, PowerPoint etc.
ØAttention to detail and ability to work accurately to deadlines
ØExcellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills along with the ability to influence (including excellent presentation and report writing skills)
ØMCIPS qualified or part-qualified greatly beneficial