Senior Specialist LC-MS - £44K
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
salary: 44000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Job type: all
Job industry: Science & Technology
Metabolism, LC-MS, Mass Spec, Science, Lead, Research, analytical, analysis, specialist, development, manager
My client is a premier R&D service provider supporting the life science industry. Their centre of excellence for Radiolabelled Sciences that incorporates both Metabolism (which includes Clinical Metabolism, Pre-clinical ADME, In vitro and DDI services, Large Molecule Metabolism, Environmental Fate and Plant Metabolism and Metabolite Identification) and Chemistry (which includes API and IMP manufacture), are currently looking for a Senior Technical Specialist (Mass Spec) at their Northampshire facility.
Looking for someone with extensive knowledge and experience of large molecule LC MS/MS analysis (e.g. peptides/proteins, oligonucleotides and mAB's), to provide specialist LC-MS/MS support in the conduct of a metabolite identification phase of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification for both regulatory and non-regulatory in-vitro, in-vivo, clinical, large molecule (biological) and environmental-fate studies.
- Planning, supervising and conducting of experiments (including protein characterisation) in support of metabolism biologicals group.
- Development of LC-MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department.
- To act as a supervisor/instructor in areas of expertise; provide troubleshooting assistance and technical training (including writing and review of training materials) for less experienced members of staff in mass-spectrometry, method development and HPLC instrument set-up.
- To keep up to date with technical developments in specialist area, recommending new techniques and working with management to compile justification for Capex projects.
- Address findings appropriate to area arising from QA audits and process inspections.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of internal training programs.
- Maintain and write SOPs, as required
- A minimum of a BSc in a relevant degree.
- Preferably 2-3 years of LC-MS/MS experience ideally with accurate mass
- Experience of chromatographic method development
- LC-MS/MS expertise for large molecule biological samples (e.g. peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides and mAb's) including top down and bottom-up methodologies for protein analysis
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills (especially large molecules)
- Sample preparation skills for preparation of large molecule samples for LC-MS analysis (e.g. digestion)
- Knowledge of protein chemistry and large molecule catabolism
- Preferably have experience of working in a regulatory environment (GLP/GCP)
- Some knowledge of metabolism/metabolic reactions is considered essential
- Senior Permanent position
- Salary £40,000 - £44,000 + expansive benefits package
- Northampshre based
- Cutting edge technologies and research.