Senior Software Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The Applications Development Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Manage a team of Applications Development professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, training and development, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as act as an advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts
- Oversee process for technical issue escalation and prioritize technical issue resolution
- Leverage skills across Applications Development area to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Communicate internal and external departmental interdependence as well as cross product and cross project
- Resolve issues using in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within applications development
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business processes, system processes, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Contribute to planning, budget management, formulation of procedures, and resource planning negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent/higher.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise application and system design with OOA/OOD, UML Modeling
- Project / hands-on experience with J2EE standard
- Good programming experience with Java (POJO, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, AngularJS, JQuery, Gulp, Node/NodeJs), WebSphere Application Server/Tomcat on Unix and Windows platforms for more than 5 years.
- Experience in Junit, Maven, Spring frameworks, Liquibase, GitHUB a must.
- Excellent knowledge of SOAP and RESTFul Webservices, database design;
- Knowledge on Unix shell scripting and Perl scripting is a must.
- Sound knowledge of application security issues such as authentication, authorization and auditing
- Experience with internet/intranet infrastructure/integration projects preferred
Added advantage to have working knowledge on Autosys.
- Strong communication skills and good command of English. Excellent technical writing skills.
- Able to work under pressure, independently and proactively in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .