Senior Software Developer Team Lead
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
RAD is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual committed to successfully implement and manage beautiful user interfaces for the software platforms we build for our clients. We need you to help fulfill our mission to unlock the potential of businesses by providing state of the art custom technology solutions for companies of all sizes, helping automate key processes and help create interfaces that will set our clients apart from their competition. We are proud to serve clients across the world and witness the impact of our products and services on their business.
As a Lead Software Developer at RAD, you will be tasked with coordinating and managing software development projects across a number of client software applications. You will meet with your team and sometimes clients to understand core problems, help ideate solutions, implement features and user experiences and help oversee the development process. This is a role for a detail-oriented person with the ability to communicate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and guide the teams they work with to successfully deliver for our customers.
At RAD, you will:
- Be an owner of what you build as you architect, test, and refine RAD and client projects.
- Work on many different projects with many different clients, while facing a huge variety of technical problems.
- Work with our design experts and project managers to understand customer pain points and problems, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate and launch frequently.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, design specifications, internal best practices, and error resolution
- Execute and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging. Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
- Use our beautifully designed wireframes and Material-UI library to create React powered front-ends for our client applications. Our go-to project front-end is built on React JS, the backend is Rails.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization as well as the integration of user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications by identifying bugs and solving problems.
- Write and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable HTML, CSS and JS code.
- Develop new user-facing features as well as the integration of backend code & end points.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability and assuring user input is validated.
- Help shape our engineering and company culture, while enjoying a high degree of autonomy.
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving it.
- 5+ Years experience with React JS
- 5+ Years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 1+ Years experience in Leading a development team
- Experience in Redux, Webpack, styled components, larger React JS (single page applications) that require significant origination around state management
- Are well-versed in HTML/CSS with experience using CSS extensions like SASS
- Experience with testing frameworks, bonus points for RSpec & Jest
- Experience setting up AWS/Lamba cloud-hosted applications (would be an added bonus)
- Working experience integrating third-party APIs
- Experience working with React Material-UI Component Library
- Experience with API design and construction
- Experience with highly scalable/high traffic solutions.
- Knowledge of Github and best practices for merging, branching, and pull requests
- Are passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers and providing top-notch code that directly impacts our customers
- Are humble, teachable and have a hunger for learning more
- Can translate technical concepts into something non-technical people will understand
- Are an an excellent communicator, whether written, in person, or via video chat (native-level English fluency is required). You know that code is about communication and that explaining yourself clearly goes hand-in-hand.
Our culture is core to everything we do, our team:
- Cares deeply about helping businesses focus on what they love
- Loves solving tough problems with creative and efficient solutions
- Holds compassion for business owners and understands what their business means to them
- Plays an active role in shaping our engineering process and company culture
- Is a passionate, tight-knit group that embraces the work-hard, play-hard mantra. When we're not working, we're hanging out at company happy hours or playing pick-up soccer games
Last but definitely not least, our other Perks include:
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Bonus Incentives that align with personal and company metrics
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Workations - Every year we choose a new destination that can inspire us
- Work in our awesome office located right in the heart of Downtown Scottsdale or work from home
- Provided company Macbook
- Always enjoy free food, drinks & snacks at the office.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plans with 4% Company Matching (401k, Roth 401k)
- RAD Swag
- No Dress Code
- Training & Development