Senior Social Work Practitioner
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Government & Defence
Main Purpose of the Job
The SEN Senior Practitioner will work closely with families and service providers and act as an expert operational lead in a specialist area e.g., casework, Early Years, Post 16, Tribunals.
They will support the development and maintenance of practice standards, assist with training, development and workforce planning, provide advice and guidance on complex casework and manage highly complex cases either individually or jointly with keyworkers and practitioners.
As a result of managing more complex cases, the SEN Senior or Specialist Practitioner will hold a reduced caseload.
To provide comprehensive casework management and administrative support to ensure the effectiveness of the SEN Service for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the City of Westminster in accordance with the requirements of the Children's & Families Act 2014 and the SEN Code of Practice 2015.
Essential: Degree level qualification or equivalent
Skills; Experience and Attitude
To demonstrate behaviours identified by Parents and Carers in RBKC as essential:
• Keen to learn from everyone including parents
To demonstrate attitudes identified by Parents and Carers in RBKC as essential:
• Willing to ask parents as well as other professionals for information/advice
• Embraces diversity with a 'can-do' attitude
• Willing to see things from others perspective
• Detailed knowledge of the Children & Families Act (2014); SEN Code of Practice 2015 and Education Act 1996 and any subsequent revisions or new legislation and successful experience of applying this in practice is essential