Senior Project Manager - Public/Private - Baltimore, MD
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
You will be a Senior Project Manager leading a group of project managers on multiple commercial projects. You will also be responsible for mentoring other construction professionals.
My client is Design/Build construction company. They are General Contractors who, have been in business since 1988. All of their work has been Commercial in both the Public & Private Sectors. Universities, Hospitals, Defense Contractors, and High-Tech spaces, are among a few of the project types. Most of their work is in Montgomery and Howard County, Frederick, and Baltimore.
A few of the Key Responsibilities for the Senior Project Manager:
- Establish, define and promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and external partners in accordance with the Company's mission, vision, and values.
- Facilitate construction start through project closing as a liaison with the owners of assigned tasks.
- Organize necessary resources, including people, materials, equipment, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Create and maintain the production schedule and ensure the proper sequencing of construction activities such that consultants and subcontractors can operate profitably and efficiently.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget. Complete required documentation of project progression.
- Conduct weekly/bi-weekly progress meetings with PM's/owner/architect/engineers.
- Lead, coach, train and develop team members and maintain a positive working environment for the entire project team.
Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 48 hours of submission. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly by Isaiah Bess for further discussion.
The successful Senior Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in ground-up commercial construction, preferably as Project Manager, or Site Manager with a general contractor on negotiated or hard bid projects. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to calmly and professionally resolve or escalate issues with clients, subcontractors, and other third parties in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills along with keen attention to detail.
- Proficient with construction management and office productivity software, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, Timberline, or other web-based or mobile document and project management solutions.
- Professional designations such as CCM, PMP, CEP, and LEED Accredited Professional Status are encouraged.
- OSHA 30, CPR and First Aid Certification required upon hire.
- Competitive base salary, dependent on experience.
- Leadership role and Room for growth.
- Generous 401K plan, including company match.
- Generous performance related bonus scheme.
- Competitive Paid Vacation Time.
- Collaborative, team orientated environment, with a strong company culture and collective mission.
- Company Outings
- Competitive health benefits.
- Gas Card