Senior Principal Database Architect
PDS Tech, Inc.
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Senior Principal Database Architect, in Melbourne, FL.
- Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications. Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- Create standards and develops modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance across multiple DB platforms and environments to include interaction with multiple databases.
- Ensure architecture supports future enhancements and system integration activities.
- Management of multiple disparate database environments, including managing data models, tables and schemas to store data across multiple applications environments
- Develop and maintain complex scripts/programs to support data computation, data loading, and data integration, to include future data integration activities
- Perform database management functions including resolving performance issues, making schema changes required for new functionality, and installing new releases and patches
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or STEM related field with a minimum of 9+ years of experience - OR a Master's Degree in a STEM related field with 7+ years' experience
- Experience in ETL tools including creating and maintaining SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Experience in Python scripting
- Experience with data modeling tools designing and data models, schema and tables
- US Citizenship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience implementing, tuning, and maintaining SQL databases using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with PLM applications and terminology, specifically supporting Aerospace customers
- Expertise with PLM and data interoperability standards such as PLM XML, eQube MI integrations/extractions, eQube BI reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of Product Lifecycle Management Systems and specifically Teamcenter 11.x
- Thorough understanding of Aerospace effective management principles
- Advanced experience w/ Access DB is a plus
- Active position of DoD secret or higher
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$