Senior Payroll Coordinator
PearlCare Search Group
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
The primary function of the Payroll Coordinator is to provide timely, accurate and excellent service to all members of the Firm in regards to the payroll function. This position focuses solely on the staff, paralegal, and employed lawyer payrolls, but will back-up the HR/Payroll Coordinator in partner payroll responsibilities.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles HR & Payroll data such as personal charges, changes from ESP's, transfers, overtime etc., reimbursements, taxes, garnishments, levies, general ledger entries and account reconciliation.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Responsible for the organization of all Payroll related files. Will also assist with general filing duties.
- Assists as necessary in the retrieval of files for auditors as directed.
- Completes data entry to payroll records.
- Responsible for payroll-related inquiries. This includes all levels of staff and management.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Creates accrual reporting from Kronos.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Audits payroll data before transmission.
- Communicate errors, issues and unique situations to team and management.
- Creates general ledger reconciles for each payroll and submits to Finance.
- Responsible for charity remittances.
- Creates and submits retirement plan remittances.
- Assist with 1099-R administration. This includes interfacing with ADP, ensuring the documents are accurate, and distributing them in a timely manner.
- Responsible for semi-annual data confirmation process and answering questions related to the data confirmation system.
With corporate offices located in Illinois, New York, Florida, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, PearlCare Search Group is positioned to support the diverse staffing needs of various healthcare and related organizations throughout the United States. We pride ourselves on our ability to recruit, screen, hire and deploy the most highly-qualified staff to suit the specific needs of individual organizations.