Senior Operations Insights Analyst
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Gruppe
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
Work with Team Leads (TLs), Franchise Leads, Study Management & Country Leaders, Study Management Teams, LSPC stakeholders, Lifecycle Teams to understand business needs and priorities, as well as immediate scope of work Identify factors related to the occurrence of disease, including the distribution and determinants of health-related states or events in specified populations Articulate the course of a disease (i.e. the development of the disease in a patient) including the sequence and speed of the stages and forms they take Compose understanding of current, proven, and established treatment practices and standard therapies and practices at global, country, regional and local levels Translating patient needs and realities of living with disease in a way that allows for optimized patient engagement practices Build team understanding of investigator needs and experience including pain points and opportunities for streamlining investigator burden Identify various determinants that impact the investigator landscape, including opportunities and challenges teams may experience when making decisions Communicate which investigators have a continued track record of delivering successful trials and why. Alternatively, convey those investigators who do not meet the criteria and standards of success. Understand competitive clinical trial activities and site footprint through primary and secondary research Provide an objective operational viewpoint on trial implications based on in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information Lead competitive threat assessments to develop rigorous team assumptions about key competitors; provide situational analysis support for quarterly business reviews, early clinical trial planning, shifts in studies, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Physical Sciences or related field is a plus); MBA or Graduate-level Degree is preferred
- 7+ years of work experience with Bachelors; 5+ year of work experience with Masters; 4+ years of work experience with PhD/JD, preferably within pharmaceutical or biotech industry (commercial or clinical) and/or management consulting
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following areas: Patient Insights, Investigator Insights, Forecasting, Competitive Intelligence, Data Analytics, Advanced Data Analytics, Resourcing, Information Visualization and/or Data Science
- Understanding of disease mechanisms, treatment patterns and stakeholder participation in clinical research
- Strong understanding of the latest developments in the biopharmaceutical industry, unmet medical needs and opportunities in the assigned therapeutic area
- Broad, working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases
- Understands the advantages and limits of different analytical approaches
- Considerable experience applying exploratory & confirmatory data analysis techniques that inform business decisions
- Awareness of scripting, statistical & programming languages and analytical tools a plus (i.e. Python, MATLAB, R, SAS, Google/Adobe analytics, SQL)
- Experience acting as a strategic thought partner to teams; Entrepreneurial mindset, to transform the way we use data and analytics to enable decisions and hasten our delivery of medicines for our patients
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority
- Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to merge together data sets from disparate sources and report findings in a variety of formats and mediums
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience managing outside vendors preferred