Senior Mortgage Lending Manager - Wealth and Personal Banking
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as Senior Mortgage Lending Manager.
- To lead and manage the Mortgage
- Lending Unit, maintaining the smooth operation of the lending function
- To lead and implement process reengineering projects to eliminate manual processing and improving staff productivity
- Ensure the operational efficiency and monitoring measures to meet the service stands
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk
- University degree in an appropriate discipline
- Proven record of effective management in a leadership role, including planning and decision making, identifying priorities and bringing a wide range of projects to successful completion
- Require broad experience within the banking and financial sector with specific retails and business banking experience and acknowledge in credit lending of mortgage products
- Strong business understanding of mortgage lending regulations and guidelines and internal control standards
- Experience of managing staff resources in senior roles to achieve objectives using appropriate communication delegation and planning skills
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems whilst maintaining budgets, time scales and quality of output
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines and be change oriented
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to clearly document the current state and the recommendations
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across different stakeholders in the Ban
- Demonstrated experience in design and use of Management Information to drive process changes and inform decisions
- Fluent in speaking English & Cantonese. Mandarin speaking is a plus
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.