Senior Mechanical Engineer
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The Projects and Engineering department will support any new greenfield / brownfield projects for the Algerian region. Currently, in Algeria there is one operating Asset.
There are several projects being executed at various stages including facility de-bottlenecking, reliability improvement projects, slug catcher installation and a Phase 2 development (16 well tie-back & LP Compression system), which will include the design, installation, and commissioning of a new plant extension. The Mechanical Engineering position is an essential part of the highly interactive collaborative P&E team.
- This position is part of the Phase 2 Development team with main accountabilities for support in the development of all project execution related documentation and quality assurance of third party generated documents.
- Additional this position is to provide discipline technical expertise liaising with partners, FEED and EPC contractors.
- Provide mechanical input to all project related documents, i.e., Terms of reference, scope of work, basis of design, presentations etc.
- Give input to technical requirements for mechanical design.
- Support, the development of any flow assurance modelling / dynamic model required.
- Support and assurance of any stress analysis modelling undertaken.
- Review and comment on all third-party mechanical engineering deliverables.
- In depth knowledge of relevant Mechanical standards (ASME/ISO/API etc.)
- Participate in HAZOPs, HAZIDs and technical reviews as required.
- Provide Static Mechanical Engineering Technical Authority support to Algerian business unit.
- Support & Influence stakeholders (shareholders, authorities, operators, partners, etc.) in various forums
- Team-oriented with ability to build good relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills on all levels
- Organized, self-going and pro-active.
- Goal and result oriented.
- Ability to support & coordinate work between multiple interfaces in project team and contractors.
- Problem solver (focused on solutions suitable for the project)
- To work and communicate effectively with colleagues, partners, and all other stakeholders, sharing information and building effective relationships.
- Masters or bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a FEANI or Washington accord recognized institution
- Experience in both rotating and static mechanical design and operations
- Demonstrable experience in Gas processing operations environment, with previous North Africa or Middle East (MENA) experience a requirement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of onshore MENA sour gas processing pipeline infrastructure design.
- Demonstrable experience in brownfield project execution for onshore Gas plants, as well as having performed end to end design activities in delivery of project execution.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of gas processing rotating equipment.
- Awareness of Algerian legislation and best practice (e.g., codes & design codes)
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization both in written and in a verbal mode of presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as well as to demonstrate collaboration ability to work in team
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills in English. Advantage will be given to those persons who are also highly competent in French. Arabic is not a requirement but would be a nice to have.
- Expected to support with the deliver specific and measurable results across a broad, complex areas.
- Preferably Institute of Chemical Engineer Chartered Engineer status.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.