Senior Linux Delivery and Virtualization Engineer - Edge Computing for
Seattle, Washington, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Viri Technology is seeking a Delivery and Implementations Engineer for a fast growing start up in Downtown Seattle.
This is a fast-growing software company so you ll need to be willing to take on a wide range of Integration/Delivery/implementation and technical support activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- You will become an Subject Matter Expert - both software and infrastructure
- Assisting customers with integrating and deploying the store solution in our customers environments, both remotely and on-site.
- Providing guidance and familiarization to our customers deploying and using our solution
- Building and maintaining lab environments
- Management and support of Linux server operating systems.
- Maintaining and Supporting the virtualization software and infrastructure
- Patching and updating the operating systems and software on servers.
- Be able to work as a team to communicate timelines and completion dates.
- Promote and provide support for new products and technologies.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of our products, technologies and our competitors.
- Providing technical support to our Sales engineering team in relation to product architecture and during the implementation of proof of concepts for our Enterprise opportunities
- Automate processes to increase functionality, efficiency and simply processes.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, you ll work closely with the existing Customer Success team as you build and then apply your knowledge of our product to these partners and customers.
You are a creative and seasoned Engineer a technical ninja that can see the high level solution, and go deep technically in all product areas.
You will have to be a Linux and Virtualization EXPERT, with lots of experience of Linux Operating systems, XEN Virtualization, ZFS File Systems, DRBD, Nagios, CheckMK, Apache, CouchDB and Scripting.
You should have a proven record of delivering on-premise infrastructure or cloud based solutions, and excellent written and face to face communication skills. In this role there will be occasional travel to our customers sites while you are deploying the solution.
Any experience in retail POS systems will be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience delivering on-premise infrastructure or cloud based solutions
- Minimum of 5 years experience in deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Linux server operating systems.
- Excellent understanding of core internet technologies Routing/Switching, DNS, DHCP, firewalls.
- Scripting experience in at least one interpreted and one compiled language.
- A knowledge of the Python scripting language and AWS scripting is desired.
- Any experience with POS (point of sale) software and technologies a distinct advantage
Essential experience with these technologies:
- Linux Ubuntu Operating systems
- Virtualization (ideally Xen, alternatively advanced knowledge of others such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V etc)
- Resilient and redundant file systems (ideally ZFS and DRBD, alternatively advanced knowledge of similar such as btrfs, LVM, RAID, CEPH, clustering solutions etc)
- Shell scripting (ideally BASH, or Python, Perl, Ruby, Powershell etc)
Desirable experience with these technologies:
- Windows operating systems
Your Personal Qualities
Because of our rapid growth the right person for this critical role will need to adopt a flexible approach and be extremely well organised in order to be able to prioritize personal workload given the different demands for their time.
You ll need strong analytical skills, have excellent problem solving ability when under pressure and have an attention to detail.
Given the breadth and complexity of our software product, you need to be the kind of person who enjoys learning new technologies and is willing to take on a variety of technical challenges.
You ll also need to be willing to provide occasional out-of-hours support during our busiest periods and whilst we are building the team.
Up for the challenge?