Senior Interior Designer - Retail
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
RPG, a leading boutique design firm of specialty retail environments, is seeking a senior level Retail Designer for our office located in Manhattan. We have a very diverse client base of innovative start-ups and established luxury brand retail projects in fashion, beauty, jewelry, and hospitality. Our projects range in scale from small branded shop-in-shops to free-standing retail environments.
We are seeking a candidate with an Interior Designer or Architectural degree with 5 years minimum of proven retail environment design experience. With a deep understanding of the brand and customer, you have the design and strategic ability to formulate innovative and engaging shopper experiences. Along with concept design experience, you will be responsible for space planning, fixture design, merchandising, and design documentation drawings.
We are a team of dedicated and creative professionals committed to collaborative problem solving and design excellence. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven culture is required. We are looking for individuals with a passion for creative design and lifestyle-driven solutions.
- Conceptualize and design retail environments
- Lead design project and concept presentations
- Create mood and vision boards
- Research brand and consumer trends on a per-project basis
- Prepare design control drawings for development team
- Collaborate with production management team to bring design to execution
- Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually communicate through sketches, renderings and presentations
- Solid experience in interior space planning, sourcing and specifying FF&E and finishes
- Proficient in developing schematic plans and design documentation sets for a variety of large and small projects
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in 2D/3D computer software programs (Vectorworks, AutoCad, SketchUp)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Able to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
- Degree in Interior Design or design equivalent
- 5 years of professional experience, preferably in retail design
This is a permanent salaried position. Position includes full benefits.