Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Vienna, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
We are looking for a passionate technologist with a knack for delivery to join a team of engineers to build automated, cloud based environments and tools to support our Data Science and Quantitative Analyst communities. We are re-imagining how predictive models are delivered at Capital One, and we will not rest until Capital One is on the leading edge of how financial institutions rapidly build and progress predictive models from an idea to production execution.
On any given day, you will:
- Design and code full stack data products within our AWS environments
- Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Work directly with the Product Manager and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
Who You Are:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started Meetup groups or taught courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your team knows their priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear your failures as a badge of honor
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Improver. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve every piece of code you touch
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in working on the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- At least 3 years of experience building applications in python
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix or Linux systems
- At least 1 year of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- At least 1 year experience with git version control
Preferred Qualifications :
- 5+ years experience building applications in python
- 3+ years experience working with an object oriented or functional programming language (Java, Scala)
- 1+ years experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins, ansible, chef or puppet
- 1+ years experience working with Docker
- 1+ years experience working with a container management solution (ECS, DC/OS, Kubernetes)
- Micro services architecture (design and implementation)
- Familiar with RESTful web service framework
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud platforms and services such as AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.