Senior Federal Planner
Michael Baker International
Aaronsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services , including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit
We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
Michael Baker International is seeking an experienced Senior Federal Planner with Federal/Military experience. The preferred location for this position is Moon, PA, but will consider other Michael Baker locations in the U.S.
This Federal Planner will join a collaboration of experienced planners, landscape architects, and project managers dedicated to having a positive impact through effective planning. The ideal candidate will be driven, intellectually curious, committed to excellence, and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the communities we serve.
The Senior Federal Planner will serve as lead project planner on multi-disciplinary planning projects and will be responsible for the preparation of master planning and strategic planning documents for Federal/Military (primarily Army and Air Force) clients and other State and Local Government Clients as needed.
This role requires excellent client communication and relationship-building skills.
The Federal Planner's responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating planning charrettes for Federal/Military clients as both a lead facilitator and as a member of a facilitation team.
- Identifying new opportunities and assist in positioning for, and ultimately securing the opportunity.
- Acting as liaison between government agencies and other organizations in developing plans.
- Collecting and compiling a variety of quantitative and qualitative data to prepare reports and maps.
- Conducting field evaluations and assessments
- Researching requirements and standards.
- Proven ability to be a "Seller".
- Other duties as assigned.
The Federal Planner should possess:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of planning principals, best practices, & techniques of planning.
- A well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as urban planning, community planning, economic development, or land use.
- Knowledge and experience in site plan review, construction, and zoning processes.
- Knowledge of space planning and facility utilization surveys.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare statistical planning reports on land use, physical, social & economic possibilities, and constraints.
- Demonstrated experience and appropriate training in employing strategic planning and space planning techniques to development long and short-range plans.
- 7 - 10 years related experience.
- Four-year degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or related discipline.
- PMP or AICP preferred.
- Knowledge of military (primarily Army and Air Force) master planning and real property management.
- This role requires excellent client communication and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to be a "Seller".
- Secret security clearance preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint).
- Moderate travel required.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.