Senior Electrical Engineer
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Electrical engineers should be prepared to lead, learn and actively participate in the development and implementation of electrical designs for miscellaneous projects. As an integral part of the electrical design team, an electrical engineer will be given the opportunity to grow and build their career by:
- Developing electrical power generation, distribution, protection, and related control systems
- Preparing construction drawings and documents including equipment location plans, interconnect wiring diagrams, wiring schematics, cable and tray layouts, equipment supports, cable schedules, and lighting, etc.
- Developing electrical models and reports using various modelling software packages (e.g. SKM, ETAP, PLS-CAD, AmpCalc, ATP)
- Working with other team members including clients and vendors
- Accepting and using guidance from other engineers and designers on the team
- Participate in feasibility studies, equipment selection, equipment specification/procurement, design drawing development
As a minimum, entry-level candidates are expected to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university and 5 to 20 years of relevant experience in plant/facility electrical designs
- Knowledge in the principles and practices of engineering NEC, ANSI, IEEE
- Knowledge of appropriate software (MS Office, Teams, AutoCAD) and data analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to a diversely educated audience.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety of yourself and others
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Professional and detail oriented
Other preferred qualities:
- Experience using software analysis tools such as ETAP, SKM, PLS CAD, or EMTP
- Overhead line design experience
- Power generation design experience
- Mine design experience
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.